9/2/08

Labor Day Trip to Alabama

(That's my Grandfather James Luney Warren in the middle of the picture on the Mule)
This Labor Day Weekend we went to Alabama for the Warren Family Reunion. They do it every year the Sunday before Labor Day. I took my laptop and scanner with me because I wanted to scan all the old pictures that my dad's sister had! She had a lot and some they weren't even sure of who they were. One picture was even on an old piece of metal!!! Awesome stuff. Got a bunch old pictures of my Grandpa James Luney Warren (that's my dad's dad). He died in 1959 so I've never met him. It's pretty cool to see pictures of him when he was young. I'll post so of the pictures because they are cool! Found some of my parents when they got married and a bunch of my dad when he was younger. I had a alot of fun. Next time I'm gonna hit up my dad's half sister's for some pictures. Zane and Carson had a great time, as they always do at Aunt Nell's house (my dad's older sister). She always make chocolate gravy for breakfast and Zane made sure to ask if it was gluten free and to his great excitement to was!! So he ate his breakfast EVERY morning. The drive home was crazy long but we stopped in Atlanta to hang out with Tyler (Uncle Tito) and Jessica (Aunt Cheeto). We left the dogs there because I had neglected to find someone here to watch them so Tyler's friend from church came and fed them on Sunday afternoon. We put the dogs in the back of Spencer's truck to ride home and Ally was mad at us while Paisley thought she was on top of the world! She's truly a dog!! Now we have a pile of dirty laundry and lots of pictures to sift through for Genealogy. Hopefully one day we will make a breakthrough in my dad's mother's side of the family. She was a South and we can't seem to find anything on her Grandfather expect 1 census report from 1890 or something like that. I don't remember exactly. One day I hope to get further with that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Joy, Alan, and Drew said...

My mother's side of the family is from Alabama. Chilton county to be exact. I love genealogy but don't find enough time to work on it.