12/23/08

NEWS, NEWS, NEWS

Again, I'm behind. We just moved into our new house on teh next street over from the old house. It's naturally been a pain in the butt trying to get things together but we're happy, the kids are happy, and I'm pretty sure Spencer is happy. He is living in the basement that is a complete apartment with a kitchen and bathroom! He's working almost non-stop at American Eagle clothing store and Toy R US! We, on the other hand, are just working to clean the new house up and get everything put away where it should go. I've started duck hunting this year with Darrell Hall. He's in the Young Men's Presidency and Scout troop at church with me and pretty much a big country guy. The first day of duck season was horrible because it was 18 degrees and the pond was frozen. We only saw about 9 duck. The 2nd day I shot my first duck, a female Gadwall. As the hunts have gone on we have had good days and bad days. The better of days we have seen anywhere between 25 and 100+ duck! We have seen Geese fly 2-3 times out at one area, a swamp, and the first time we saw them I didn't know what they were from the distance. Darrell saw them, called them in closer with his goose call, and then we blasted them. I got a goose and that things was BIG! It's in my freezer waiting for a couple more to join him. Anyway, we're going out again tomorrow morning, what a crapy Christmas Eve some ducks and geese might have tomorrow!! Oh well, it's all inthe name of filling our freezers. Enough of this.

On December 10 the Army FINALLY called me. I was pretty nervous when I answered the phone and the lady on the other end told me they had reached a decision on my returning to active duty status. She said she had to red the letter, which was annoying because I just wanted to hear what the heck the verdict was! My medical exemption had been approved and I will be Honorably Discharged from my reserve duty this month. I will no longer have any obligations to the Military. So in short, I'm not going anywhere but back to school in the Spring!! I want to thank you all for you prayers and thoughts, etc, etc through out this stressful event. Enough of that stuff too.

NOW, Megan has been accpeted to the MEdical College of Georgia for the Occupational therapy Program starting in the Fall 2009!! I knew she would get in. She's very excited and can't wait to start. I'm very excited and can't wait for her to get started so she can get done and I can be a kept man!! ha ha Seriously, that'll be awesome, I'll have a "Sugar Mama"! Sweet...

Not much more going on then that. We're happy and things are going well. I'll post pictures sometime soon of the new house and such.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm... you need to update my man!